Are you an elderly person who is a regular or enthusiastic user of the Internet? What a boring definition (or meaning) of silver surfers! We are not defined so easily. Adventure before Dementia is here to enjoy life to the full.
Silver Surfer Jokes
There are too many jokes, anecdotes, moans about OAPs but here are some of the better ones to enjoy:
- The classic: SKI – spend kids inheritance!
- Count your life by smiles, not tears.
- Count your age by friends, not years.
- At my age – I’ve seen it all! I’ve heard it all – I’ve done it all – I just can’t remember it all!
- I’ve reached the age where Happy Hour is a Nap
- You know you are getting old when people start telling you how young you look.
- Respect old people: they graduated high school without Google or Wikipedia
Adventure before Dementia is also on social media – yes, the old dinosaur is found on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest among others! With so much time on hands (ha ha) we regularly publish book reviews that may be of interest to other silver surfers!
Silver Surfers Holidays
If you are lucky enough to have financial resources, then you can enjoy holidays. Perhaps visiting new countries or enjoying your hobbies in foreign climes. See our Travel category for suggestions and reviews including Australia and the Algarve, Portugal. Here are our holiday photos from New Zealand including Pauanui, Hahei, Waimangu Volcanic Park, Lake Taupo, Wellington, Nelson, Franz Josef Glacier, Queenstown, Milford Sound and Christchurch.
Another favourite destination in the Winter is the Algarve. Read our recommendations for Silver Surfers to Portugal!
Silver Surfer Recommendations
If you have suggestions for travel locations or bucket list experiences, please add your ideas in the comments or better still send us an article and copyright free images. Other of our resources include our Facebook Silver Surfers page.
Odd Facts: The silver surfer actor in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was Doug Jones although Laurence Fishburne provided the character’s voice.